Wednesday 14 February 2018

DIY Apple cider vinegar

I am currently experimenting with making my own Apple cider vinegar as we all use this as conditioner, even Mr H, who says it's helping to keep his dandruff under control.
I had a couple of apples which have been in the fridge a bit too long, 1 tbsp of sugar to 1 cup of water. Instructions are here : 
https://dontwastethecrumbs.com/2014/10/diy-homemade-apple-cider-vinegar-using-peels-and-cores/
This blogger warns not to use metal as the vinegar will corrode it, and pkastic leeches into the liquid so best use glass or similar. 
Another blogger says after a couple of weeks you have made hard cider which you can drink! Perhaps on a future batch ;)



This is my cider after two weeks on the shelf! It's a cold and frosty morning so the light is totally different, but the liquid has gone cloudy and it smells like scrumpy! Now I need to strain out the fruit and keep the liquid.



No comments:

Post a Comment