Saturday 6 February 2016

Cure anything soup!

I feel rotten. I've had a cough and sore throat but been soldiering on, till today! I ache all over and feel exhausted. I made a flu remedy soup for a friend of mine earlier this week and made my own version today, for me. And it's lush!

Ingredients:
1 tbsp oil (I used sunflower)
1 whole chicken breast
1 chopped onion
4 cloves garlic, minced.
1 inch fresh garlic grated
1 stick celery finely chopped
2 carrots finely chopped
1 courgette finely chopped
Juice of one lemon
2 cups of white wine
1 pint chicken stock
Pinch turmeric
Pinch paprika or Cayenne
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1 nest noodles per person

Heat oil in a saucepan, add chopped vegetables, garlic and ginger.

Cook gently for a few minutes until veg start to soften, then add wine, lemon, chicken, stock and spices/seasonings. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove chicken and set to one side. At this point I put half the soup in a container for tomorrow and added one nest of noodles for today. Simmered for 4 minutes until noodles are cooked, but don't do that if you're cooking for two. Just add noodles and cook for two.
While noodles cook, shred the chicken and then add back to soup. Add more water if necessary.
Season to taste, serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment